- The Sun Inn My favourite restaurant in South Edinburgh. We’ve been loads of times and never been disappointed. The menu is always exciting and fresh and beautifully cooked and presented.
The owner? and chef is a coeliac himself so I always feel assured that I can eat without worrying about even little contamination. They always know what isÂ gluten free and will modify dishes if needed.
- A Room In The Town This is a great restaurant in the New Town of Edinburgh. Adapted well for gluten-free requirements. Even had a flourless chocolate cake!! Interior is cozy and has a french rusticness about it.
- Vittoria.Â There are two of these Italian restaurants in Edinburgh which are great value for mone and really tasty. They have gluten free pasta and pizza dishes, the Tagliatelle Pescatore is especially yummy. The one on the bridge is quite modern whilst the one on Leith walk has a more european cafe style feel to it.
- The Chip InnÂ This fish and chip shop is run by a really friendly chap in Oxgangs who can cater for coeliacs. The great thing about it is that you can order from the gluten free menu any day, any time, you just need to phone ahead so he can fire up his separate fryer. The batter and chips are really yummy!
- Fern Cottage at Pitlochry. This restaurant is much better than first anticipated. The menu is really varied with some mediterranean and Scottish influence. The sauces are all made fresh so they can cater for coeliacs well. The waitress also seemed very knowedgeable about what foods contained gluten and even offered a gluten-free chocolate pudding that the chef had specially prepared.
- Wildmoor Oak Mary took us out to a great pub for dinner which unusually specialised in Caribbean cuisine. Best thing was that they were well geared up for coeliacs and marked everything GF on the menu and I got to eat â€˜fish, chips and mushy peasâ€™ Yum!